Sunday, March 22, 2009

I think the OPK won

Welcome ICLWers! I am basically in a waiting mode, as you can see by my timeline in the sidebar. Our first RE appointment is in 26 days, and my DH's post surgery SA is in May. Soon we'll get this ball rolling, but for now... we're TTC the old-fashioned way, but I'm not too hopeful. But I'm still obsessing about when I ovulate(d), so maybe I'm more hopeful than I let on. :) Anyway, welcome, and I look forward to meeting you and your blogs!

To my regular readers, this ovulation thing is getting boring and I'm sorry! I'm even bored with it, so I'm thankful I can now move on and say that I think I DID OVULATE on cd 10...making me 6 days past ovulation. The positive OPK I got on cd 9 appears to be correct, since my temperatures the last few days have been in my post-O range and I haven't had any CM to speak of. So the OPK won this cycle. Somebody asked if I've ever had an annovulatory cycle, and as far as I can tell I haven't (temp shift, cm pattern, and short cycles). I am fortunate.

No spotting yet.

Thanks for all the well-wishes about our friend who experienced a horrible electrical shock on Thursday. All things considering, he is doing well and his organs seem ok (which was a big concern). He has a 4th degree burn on his head (I didn't even know there was such a thing!) and 2nd degree burns on his face, arms, shoulder, and arm, so he will be hospitalized for at least a couple weeks to have skin graft surgeries and to watch for infection. We are thankful, however, because it truly is amazing that he is alive!

Random fact: I've been going around saying he was 'electrocuted.' Apparently, this means somebody received an electric shock and died. Ooops! So the correct term is he 'received an electric shock.' We found this out the hard way when we said 'electrocuted' to somebody who knew the correct terminology and saw his face move to horror and sadness as he cried, "He died!?!" However, I also feel like "electric shock" doesn't convey the proper extent of what happened...it sounds like he could have just stuck his finger in an outlet! But now you know.

12 comments:

Betty Rubble said...

I think electrocuted regardless of outcome is appropriate in this situation! He will remain in our thoughts and prayers!

6 dpo! You go girl! I hope the Lord pulls out a miracle for you!

Amanda said...

Never admit defeat to the OPKs!

CD10 is pretty early, but I guess if all signs point that way, then why not? I got a positive OPK on CD13 and didn't O till CD16... however, I should have been about a day and a half earlier than that if I followed the normal 24-36 hour rule.

Glad to hear your friend is doing better.

Kat470 said...

Isn't waiting the worst? It feels like in this TTC battle, all we ever do is wait.

Melissa said...

Woot to Ovulating!

Glad to hear that he's doing better, I hope his recovery goes smoothly.

Mary said...

I guess I never knew the 'correct' terminology either.

I can't believe your RE appt is right around the corner. Whoo hoo!

Jo said...

I did not know the difference between "electrocuted" and "electric shock." Thanks for the education!

Ashley said...

I agree, electrocuted is appropriate. Languages and words shift all the time; look at decimate. Now it means utterly destroyed, but it originally meant destroyed by 10% only.

I'm sorry about your friend, and hope he heals quickly.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Who knew... my grandfather who 'received an electric shock' always referred to it as when he was electrocuted...

GL with this cycle. I know it can be stressful when it seems like your body is doing the unexpected.

Stacie said...

How scary about your friend. I am glad he's injuries do not include his organs. He'll be in my prayers.

Good luck with this cycle!

Here from ICLW

strongblonde said...

good for you that you ovulated :) i hate finding out for sure after the fact, though. i guess that is a good thing about the trigger shots :) you always know when you are going to ovulate!! you know, those dang opks never did work for me!!

Nic said...

Happy ICLW! Hope your friend gets over from his electric shock quickly. Hope the first RE appointment goes well

Arpee said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

For some reason, your blog looks familiar - deja vu? perhaps I have visited here before?

Anyway, I love the Habakkuk verse you have on the sidebar!