Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Honest Scrap Award
How fun! I got tagged by three lovely blogging friends (Erica, Gringa, and Mary), so here goes...
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
Here are my 10 honest things:
1. I don't want to have multiples, but I feel ungrateful saying that as an infertile...like I of all people should not be picky!
2. I didn't know how to cook much of anything when I got married (my parents rarely cooked), but now I love it.
3. I like to watch crime shows, but this doesn't mesh well with my extreme fear of somebody breaking into my house and murdering me (sorry so gruesome, but that's my fear!). So I try to limit my exposure to that kind of stuff...
4. Going along with #3, I went through a phase in 3rd grade where I was too scared to sleep in my room. To comfort me, my dad would stay in the living room right next to my room so I could come out and see him whenever I needed to (which was pretty much every night for a long time). Many nights I would just fall asleep in the living room with him.
5. I live on the west coast, but I think my style fits in more with the east coast (or at least my stereotypes of what the east coast is like). I'd like to have formal dinner parties, dress preppy, etc, but that really doesn't fit in here. Except I don't think I could handle the cold. And I do some of those things anyway. One of these days I'm just going to shock everyone and assign dinner seats...ohh...
6. I am really hoping we can do IUI's. But then I'm scared that IUI successes aren't high enough, especially with MFI.
7. I blame birth control pills for my spotting issues. Of course I don't know if that's justified, but I do. If I had to do it over again I would never have gone on them, and we just would have used con.doms and/or the fertility awareness method.
8. I got AF when I was 10 years old and it felt really traumatic.
9. We've been saving money for possible IF treatments, but sometimes I dream about what we would do with that money if we ended up not needing them.
10. I just got an announcement about my 10-year high school reunion. Part of me wants to go (it seems like part of life's experiences to go), but another part of me really wasn't that into high school. Eh.
Here are the blogs I tag:
Finding Joy in Every Journey
Melissa at So it goes
Tabitha at Think (+) Positive
Elle at Fallopian 'Tudes
Betty at I Married Barney, Now What?