Friday, March 13, 2009

Guys & Babies

Ten guys. Two girls. Mid-twenties. DH & I are the only ones present who are married. Sounds like a far cry from the land of pregnancy, babies, and infertility, right??

Wrong.

These guys (my husband's college friends) actually enjoyed telling stories about how their co-workers talk about their kids. And recounted a few of those stories themselves...in their total guy bachelor way. It was actually pretty funny to listen to them talk about baby spit up and breastfeeding.

One said, It's amazing to think that we're not far away from being like these co-workers...cool guys who love talking about our kids.

This has to be proof that we have entered into the "baby" stage of life. I have never heard these guys talk about anything like this...and I wonder what they would think if they knew how close (or far) DH & I are from being proud parents ourselves.

7 comments:

Caroline said...

That's sweet. I love hearing guys talk about babies. It is so special.

Melissa said...

Oh i know!!! My single guy friends in their mid to late twenties are like that too!! kind of bitter sweet

strongblonde said...

that is cute. but also sad. reminds us all that it's actually not that easy.

Amanda said...

That's pretty funny to hear guys talk that way. I would expect it out of girls, but not guys. That social situation would have definitely caught me off guard.

Erica said...

Okay, the boys held hostage is TOO funny!!! I'm glad you are able to find the humor in this ridiculous journey we find ourselves in. I think laughter is supposed to bring stress levels way down!

As far as the "cool guys having babies in the future" party you attended - ICK! It does seem like you've entered the Twilight Zone when your old drinking buddies who were once interested in finding a new piece of a$$ start talking baby. My DH and I are in this same spot with our group these days. It's annoying! I usually change the subject if the talk turns too much baby. But, since all of our friends know the general struggle we're having, they usually don't bring it up around us - which I'm grateful for.

The Wife said...

That's crazy! But cute!

Mary said...

Guys who talk about babies like that are hot:)