Friday, February 6, 2009

Women's retreat

Well, ladies, I'm off to a women's retreat with my church this afternoon. It's only a one-night away event, which seems like the perfect getaway. Enough time to "retreat" and enjoy the company, but I still get a Saturday night with M and a sleep in my own bed. :)

I'm excited to go this weekend because I love socializing. I can't decide if I'm an introvert or an extrovert, but when I make statements like that I think I must be the latter. Could I be both? Anyway, I anticipate many great conversations.

One interesting element will be the IF topic. It's bound to come up, and I'm looking forward to talking about it in a way. Also, I have a friend who used to go to our church but moved away a few years ago. She emailed this week to say she is coming to town this week and going to our retreat. Why do I bring her up? She and her husband have battled IF and are now on the waiting list for adoption.

I am REALLY hoping I get to have a good talk with her. Part of me is excited to talk to someone who truly gets it, although I am a little nervous that I will be unable to be as excited about her potential adoption as I want to be. From this side of infertility, adoption feels like a strangely related topic (hey, it's another way to get a baby!) but also disconnected from my infertility struggle. I'm not there (yet) and I don't want to be there.

I'll let you know how it goes when I get back!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Have a blast, relax, and enjoy yourself. You desearve a great weekend!

Melissa said...

Hope you have a great night. It sounds refreshing to be able to talk to someone about IF in real life :)

Rebekah said...

I hope the retreat is just what you need! Enjoy your weekend!

April said...

so glad that you get to get away and relax and socialize with friends!!! have a good time.