Monday, February 9, 2009

We're going to be ok

Continuing on the "I'm feeling good lately" streak, DH and I had a really wonderful conversation the other night.

I was processing my conversation with my IRL IF friend (described in my last post), and what I have been learning through infertility so far. He really encouraged me by saying that he is proud of me -- proud of this blog, proud of how I am trusting God, and proud of how I am "taking charge" of our fertility (yes, that was DH still teasing me about the book that has lived on my nightstand for the last year-and-a-half). Those were sweet words to hear from him!

I told him that I have felt God reassuring me this past week. We both acknowledged out loud to each other that it will be really hard if his post-surgery SA comes back negative. Really hard. But with tears in my eyes and DH's hand in mine, I told him I know God is working even if that is the case. It would be hard but we will continue trusting God, and we will be ok. I know we'll be ok.

7 comments:

Betty Rubble said...

What a profoundly wonderful moment that you shared with us.

You and your hubby are truly blessed.

Melissa said...

:)

Honestly, some of my favorite memories of my husband are honest, thoughtful conversations.

I'm glad to see you're feeling so calm and encouraged. One of my friends always says,"Life is tough, but God is faithful" :)

Caroline said...

Hi Hillary,

You're right...No matter what you will be OK.

Hugs to you.

Sara Scissors said...

You have such an amazingly positive attitude that rubs off on every one around you! It feels so nice to be on the same page on such an important topic in your life. Keep up that attitude and your faith and I know good things will happen!!!

Fallopian 'Tudes said...

It is so good to know with eachother that no matter what, you will both be in it together and it will be okay.

♥Tabitha said...

You're right...God will take care of us no matter what! He created the world, so he can create life! Sometimes we need to be reminded of that, and trust that he is in control...thanks for reminding me!

Rebekah said...

You will be okay. In fact, with God as your focus, you'll be better than ever. This journey has made my relationship with my husband better than I could have ever imagined! ((hugs))