Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Weepy

Well, the "spotting" has continued, and it has really set me off emotionally. Thank you for all of your comments. Reading them made me extra weepy in a good way -- the way of feeling supported and understood. Like how I cry when DH gives me a sympathetic hug.

And to answer a couple questions, I have had some testing done on me: thyroid & prolactin blood tests, a va.ginal ultrasound, and a 7dpo progesterone test. The only one that came back abnormal was my progesterone, which was 8.3. My doctor prescribed progesterone suppositories last month that I have yet to try. But it doesn't seem like those would help spotting before ovulation, anyway.

Today was one of those days that I couldn't get infertility out of my mind and the tears were always lurking. But the silver lining to my spotting sadness is that I'm now researching RE's like many of you suggested. Apparently it often takes awhile to get an appointment and do the initial testing, so maybe by the time we have DH's post surgery SA we could be ready to go.

8 comments:

Anita said...

I'm sorry you have had a couple of rough days. Unexplained bleeding would be very frustrating. You got some great advice from the other ladies and I agree that making an RE appointment is the best option.

I really hope you are able to find a great RE who will be proactive and help you on your journey! Keep us posted with how your searching goes :)
(((hugs)))
p.s - your Valentines food looked so yummy!! Especially the strawberry tart :)

Erica said...

And the rollercoaster ride continues...
It really sucks that you are going through this. Sending good thoughts your way. Keep me posted on the RE research. I've always felt comfort in controlling the things I can - and finding a good RE is ONE thing in your control. Good luck!

strongblonde said...

arg. :(

...i'm still waiting for oprah to have a bunch of us who don't follow the "rules" of fertility on her show.

awakeintheworld said...

I'm sorry this is so hard for you right now.

Good luck on the RE search. I agree, also, that it's a good way to go. At least you can feel proactive.

Mary said...

It's a hard road we walk. You are making the right choices though. You will get through this. (((HUGS)))

Tricia - tstoneking from TTTC said...

I wanted to contact you but I wasn't sure if you would see my post on TTTC - this is tstoneking from TTTC. Dr. said that my husband's numbers are in the normal range and we should have no problem concieving naturally. Good luck to you and your husband. Feel free to email me anytime. spendosaurus.rex@gmail.com

Rebekah said...

Stay strong sweetie. Making an RE appointment now is a great idea! ((hugs))

gringa78 said...

((HUGS)) I just read your past two blog posts after seeing your response about feeling broken on the nest. I'm so sorry you're going through this right now. It's so frustrating to feel like you're making headway only to feel like you're always being set back. Definitely go see an RE...it was the best thing we ever did. Having someone take your TTC needs seriously is a very calming feeling...that and coming up with a plan. While you're waiting for DH to heal, the RE can focus on you. Keep your chin up! I'm thinking of you.