Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Quick update

The surgery went really well!! They were able to do the more minor procedure and my MIL looked SO MUCH better immediately after surgery, believe it or not.

Although it was a very difficult 2 days, M, my IL's, and I really had an amazing experience. I have so many thoughts that I would love to share! However, I am exhausted and don't quite have the energy to write it out right now. All I can say is we had so many people praying (including many of you!) and we saw God's glory in the situation. Thank you, thank you, thank for your prayers! My MIL is so dear to both of us and we are so thankful that God has given her more days with us.

10 comments:

Betty Rubble said...

Thank God!

I am so glad your MIL is doing better. We will however continue to pray as she preps for her next procedure.

God bless you and yours!

Mary said...

Oh, Hillary. I'm so, so, happy that everything went well. I'm sure you all have been so scared. I look forward to more happy news.

Erica said...

I'm so happy to hear that your MIL is doing much better. Thank goodness!
And, seriously, the voodoo energy from last night has subsided. :( Luckily I go back for another session tomorrow night. Apparently he is going to add 2 new needles each time I go and eventually I'll have them all over my lower abdomen. I'm a little freaked...'cuz I already have about 18 stuck in limbs, ears, feet, and hands. It really is super bizarro!
Again, so glad everything is okay on your end. Talk to you soon.

Melissa said...

So glad to hear your MIL is doing better!! I hope the next few days bring her more relief. Thinking of you.

Melissa said...

That's wonderful!!! I am so happy that it went well. I will continue to pass positive vibes your way.

strongblonde said...

very happy to hear this. hang in there. be sure to take care of yourself, too.

Anita said...

I'm so glad your MIL is getting better and that it turned out to be a good experience. It's amazing how God can use a negative situation to be a postive :) Will pray she has a quick recovery!

((hugs))

Erica said...

Hoping things are still on the right track with your MIL. Just stopping by to tell you that you have an award at my blog. :)

just me said...

glad to hear that the surgery went well! will keep you all in my prayers.
*ICLW*

Parenthood For Me said...

That's great news.
I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Honest Scrap Award
at
http://bottomsoffandonthetable.blogspot.com/