Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Non-IF prayers needed

DH's mom was really sick all last week with what we thought was the flu. However, she was taken to the ER on Sunday night and admitted with a bad infection. Further tests have discovered she has an abscess on her colon that they need to remove, which will either involve: a) one minor surgery today and one major surgery in 6 weeks or b) one major surgery today and another major surgery in 3 months. Obviously we're praying for option A, so if you're a prayer please join us in that. Most importantly, please just pray that the surgery goes smoothly with no complications.

DH and I drove down to the IL's to be with them late Sunday night and are staying through the surgery. We're really glad we're here with them -- we're very close to his parents. This is my first time on a computer so I won't be checking in as much as I usually like....and ICLW has fallen by the way-side. My apologies to all you ICLWers! :)

I hope all of you are well and look forward to catching up on all of your news later this week.

11 comments:

Betty Rubble said...

Oh my gosh, don't make apologies for not being on the net!

I will keep your MIL in our prayers and will ask that what ever option that its a successful.

Melissa said...

Oh Hillary, I am sorry that this is happening and I will definitely keep all of you in my prayers.

Mary said...

I'm so sorry, Hillary. I know how much you care for your IL's and I can't imagine how hard this must be. I hope that she only has to have the minor surgery now. I hope it goes well and I will pray for her.

The Wife said...

Hillary,
I'm so sorry this has happened. I'll be sure to keep your MIL and your whole family in my prayers.

Melissa said...

I hope it turns out to be option A! Keeping your entire family in my prayers.

strongblonde said...

yuck! i hope everything works out well. keeping you in my thoughts!

Michelle said...

I will definitely be keeping your MIL in my prayers. I hope she is ok.

Erica said...

Hillary,
I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll definitely keep her in my prayers. A close co-worker of mine had a similar situation over Christmas with her colon. She's doing well now, but needed some recovery time. My thoughts are with you and your DH.

Jendeis said...

I'm so sorry for the bad news. Praying that your MIL comes through this all right.

Seriously? - Erin said...

Here from ICLW. Keeping your MIL in my thoughts.

Caroline said...

Hi Hillary,
I am thinking of you and your family, and praying that your Mother in Law will be restored to full health.