Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Surgery tomorrow

We'll be arriving at the surgery center tomorrow at 6:30am. The surgery will begin at 7:30am and will last about 2 hours, and then we'll take a groggy-and- sore-but-on-a-ton-of-pain-meds DH home. My IL's are coming to help take care of their baby and I welcome their company. We'll feed him lots of liquids, jello, ginger ale and soup until his tummy can handle more after the anaesthesia. We'll wait on him hand and foot, pop in any DVD he wants, spoon feed the jello, and fluff his pillow.

Poor DH. Brave DH. He says he's not even nervous.

Please say a prayer that everything goes smoothly tomorrow! I know it's just a minor outpatient procedure, but the thought of my sweet DH getting put out and going under the knife is a little scary. Thank you!

10 comments:

Fallopian 'Tudes said...

The thought of being put under terrifies me, I'm so afraid that I'd never wake up!!! Uh, I'll shut up now and not scare you, because that's not gonna happen, lol. Good for your husband he is being so brave!

ASHELY said...

I will say an extra prayer for you tonight! :) gL.

Mary said...

Good Luck, Hillary! I hope it goes very quick and as painless as possible for him.
When does he do the next SA to find out how well this worked?

Betty Rubble said...

Best wishes!

Sara Scissors said...

I am sure all will go well. Just wanted to wish him luck! I hope you are in that 60-70% that sees improvement! :)

Mrs. Hammer said...

No surgery is truly minor so I'll be keeping him in my prayers and that this great doctor of his is skilled to resolve the issue!!!

Caroline said...

I will be praying that all goes well. It will be great to have the surgery over.

The Wife said...

I hope your DH comes through this just fine. I'll be sure to add you to my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Melissa said...

Good Luck today. My thoughts and prayers are with you both!!!

Rebekah said...

Prayers said.