Thursday, January 8, 2009

I made it to 8dpo

The spotting started today. I am both happy to have made it this far (5 days longer than the previous 4 cycles!) and disappointed that my body didn't hold out until at least 10dpo. But maybe it is correcting itself...?? Maybe my body just needs over a year off bcp to regulate back to normal...? It will be interesting to see what happens next cycle.

I have also been wondering if I did anything different this cycle that may have helped things. Let's see...
*I ate a lot of unhealthy food over the holidays
*I probably gained a couple of pounds (see above)
*I drank a lot of coffee
*I forgot my pre-natal vitamins a couple times while out of town
*I got sick with a bad cold

Well, those look like the opposite of what I would want in an ideal cycle!! Who knows!! :)

5 comments:

Find joy in every journey said...

I HATE the spotting. I had it for 5 years until I went on long term antibiotics and now it is gone. Who knew? I could also be low progesterone. I can totally relate!

April said...

my luteal phase was always less then 10 days and then i started vit b6. it did help.

maybe it was psychosomatic? who knows...

The Wife said...

I know what you mean by taking in the small victories. Each step just brings you one bit closer to an actual BFP. It's funny how a "bad" cycle can send mixed results, innit?

Fallopian 'Tudes said...

I get the spotting too, I even got it when I got a positive preg test. Thanks for stopping by, and for your kind words!

gringa78 said...

Yay for a longer LP! Are you taking B6? I did and it really helped...I had a tough time making in past 10 days for awhile, and it seemed to help. I'm thinking of you. GL to your DH with his surgery.