Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

2009 is here, and there is something significant about the new beginnings that come with a new year. I am feeling reflective...

Last year's celebration felt markedly excited and hopeful: This will probably be the year we conceive our first child, I had thought. I remember sitting in this exact cozy little living room at my in-laws house, watching the ball drop, and kissing DH happily. M and I giggled as we went to bed at the thought of the the changes that would occur in 2008. And I said, "By this time next year I'll probably be pregnant... and if I'm not I'll be getting worried." (Yeah, I got worried a little sooner than expected)

This year feels less dramatic. The turn of the new year does not bring the same anticipation of any significant events that will occur in 2009. But we still hope for a baby, and at the start of 2009 we are hopeful and excited...and our trust in God's plan is in the foreground. It is a quieter, more thoughtful celebration, but we are thankful that God is control of all things and has grown us closer to him and each other this year. And we welcome what God has for us in 2009!

(And I must say, I hope a pregnancy is in the picture for all of you in 2009!!!!)

5 comments:

April said...

yea for 2009 and all of its quiet excitement! :)

Mary said...

We will get there together, Hillary! Go 2009:)

Find joy in every journey said...

I just found your blog and really enjoy your writing. We are strugging with male IF, too. It is not fun. Here's wishing and praying for a fertile 2009!

The Wright's said...

Happy New Year! GL for a wonderful and successful 2009!

Christina from
unquestionablelove.blogpot.com

I Believe in Miracles said...

Hey question - for your timeline, should Varicocelectomy be for 01.09 (instead of 01.08)?

I know what you mean about wanting the same thing you did last year. It's hard when you seem to cross the same bridge twice without having moved. We got this gift certificate in Nov 07 and I said we'd use it when we got pregnant. Well, a year went by and it's supposed to be expired (although I called and they said we can use it), and we weren't there yet.

I'm praying for you and 2009!