Thursday, January 22, 2009

Everything is healing well

:::big sigh of relief:::

The doctor said everything looks great! Of course, DH looked at me as though he were saying, "Seeee???" in an I-told-you-so voice. :)

She said that it takes longer for swelling to go away in that area than most other parts of the body. We were also concerned about a little nodule type thing that had formed (this is what was truly worrying me), but she said it was like a bruise on a lower layer of the skin. She depressed it gently and it disappeared, and she said it is very, very normal.

She said we could come back in 6 weeks for another follow up appointment if we want to, but by the looks of how well he is healing she said we don't have to if we don't see a need. She said the swelling will probably last for the next six weeks! He can resume all normal activities in about a week by just adding things in as he feels comfortable. He particularly wants to resume jogging...

I also decided to be proactive and asked for the cup and referral slip for the follow up SA. She looked kind of surprised since it is 3 months away, but I figured why go back there just to get that if we could get it today? Now we're all set. :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your support! You ladies are wonderful!

12 comments:

April said...

so glad that things look like they are turning around. :) the healing process takes time, but it will be worth it in the end!

Mary said...

I just got your comment over on my page. I was getting worried that you hadn't posted, lol:) SO, happy that all is well. What an enourmous relief. And I would have asked for the 'cup' as well. Better to be prepared. And who knows...you might get pg in the meantime and not need the cup anyway!

Caroline said...

I'm glad that everything went well at the appointment. It is a big relief. Now you can focus on healing knowing everything is going to plan.
I am also one to be prepared so I don't blame you for getting the cup for the SA!

Caroline said...

Hi there,
Thanks for your comment Hillary! My IRL friends have been great. Sometimes I just don't feel like talking with them. They always ask whether I am pregnant, and I always have the same answer(no!). xx

Cassandra said...

Phew, glad that everything is okay. I hope that the next time your husband wakes you up in the middle of the night, it's for something good! ;)

Happy ICLW!

awakeintheworld said...

So glad everything is ok. I know my husband well enough by this point to know that I need to go to any appointments with him where there will be a lot of details given. :) (ICLW)

syn70 said...

so happy that he is healing well... best of luck to you

Gina said...

I'm very happy to hear that everything is healing just as it should be.

Anita said...

So happy everything is healing well! Good job for getting the cups!

Betty Rubble said...

Wonderful news!

Your hubby is amazing...Barney would be cowering in a corner some where still, not wanting to begin jogging!

~Jess said...

I'm glad that it turned out to be nothing and your DH is all right: How scary! Don't you love it when guys bring things up 1/2 asleep and then you're worried and their sleeping.

ICLW

Valerie said...

Glad everything is healing correctly.

ICLW