Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Whew, I made it!

This morning it was my job to drop off DH's SA #2. I offered to do it, knowing that SA #1 was pretty unpleasant for him (M did the test at the lab). And my work schedule is more flexible, so it just made sense.

I get this thing that DH & I call "time stress" when I feel like I need to be somewhere but get worried that I'm going to be late. Driving an SA sample 20 minutes to the lab induced major time stress. To add to the stress, there was an accident at the exact exit I needed to take for the hospital which backed traffic up quite a bit. Fortunately, I still made it to the hospital and got the sample into the lab tech's hands by 8:55am. And the tech was so kind. She smiled at me and told me that she and her husband had struggled with infertility, so she is always sympathetic to those getting an SA. It made me happy to know that my husband's sample was in her hands!

I think it was about an hour after the drop-off before I felt normal again. (That makes it sound so traumatic, which it was not. I'm just highlighting how weird I am about my time stress issues.) :)

3 comments:

kMo said...

Hi! Thanks for the birthday wishes! I'm always late by at least a couple of minutes so maybe I need some of this "time stress." I'm glad you got where you needed to be safely and everything worked out. Hope the SA results are good.

I Believe in Miracles said...

I think a whole lot of this process is rush, rush, rush to get there and then wait, wait, wait - for whatever.

Crossing fingers for your SA!

~~HUGS~~

Betty Rubble said...

I get time stress too.

Glad you made it on time!