Monday, December 15, 2008

Shifting the focus to me

Now that DH's surgery is scheduled, I'm turning my attention back to where all of my infertility concerns originally lied: my crazy luteal phase full of spotting. The dream is to have my body ready to conceive once M's swimmers are *hopefully* moving full speed ahead. :)

So I made an appointment with my nurse practitioner for tomorrow (Tuesday the 16th) to try and figure out why I am spotting. I've already had a va.ginal ultrasound and blood tests for thyroid and prolactin levels which were all normal.

What is left to be tested?? I want to ask for the cycle day 3 bloodwork (FSH, E2, LH, TSH) and then the progesterone test 7 dpo. Should I ask for an HSG? Any other tests that I am not thinking of that I should request -- especially because of my heavy luteal phase spotting?? Thanks in advance for any help you lovely ladies can provide!

2 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

Ok. I don't have much time, but I spot. I had different tests at the practitioners office vs. the RE..

So series of tests I went through:

blood tests
clomid challenge - make sure ovaries ok
u/s - to check lining
sonohistogram - blow up uterus with saline to check for polyps or fibroids
HSG - tubes open
hysteroscopy - go in with a camera to make sure no polyps, fibroids
biopsy - had 2 of these to make sure lining was ok in development

Good luck! Email me if you have questions

FattyPants said...

This can be a tough one. I spotted in my lp starting at 7dpo most cycles and they never found a reason. Lining was okay, progesterone was okay, hormones checked out. For me it was just one of those things. I know there had to be a reason because it came on strong and it didn't start until in my late 20's. The prior response gave you a fantastic list of test to have done. Also B vitamins can help sometimes.