Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The results are in

And they're the same.

I don't know exact numbers at this point (DH doesn't think to ask those kinds of questions!), but the nurse called to say that the results are "the same (as SA #1)and he has low motility."

Honestly I'm not upset. I think there was a small hope that the first test could have been an error, but really I just viewed SA #2 as a hoop to jump through so that we could confirm the diagnosis and move forward.

Low motility confirmed.

7 comments:

Jendeis said...

I'm sorry. Glad though that you two will be able to move on and get a plan. Plus, you are now part of my Low Motility Wives Club! Yay!

April said...

you can work with low motility, though.... if you do ivf/icsi, motility doesn't even matter! they cut the tail off before they inject it into the egg! :)

my RE always says: at least he HAS sperm!!

FattyPants said...

I'm sorry about the results. At least now you have a direction to move in.

Mary said...

Sorry, hon. Finding out this kind of news can be really difficult to take. Hugs to both you and DH. Keep in mind though that now you know what's going on and you can come up with a plan with your Dr. This is not an uncommon problem...you will get through this and get a baby in the end.

Betty Rubble said...

I'm sorry. Put the plan together and see where the path takes you!

gringa78 said...

Hey there- I'm sorry you have to go through all this, but at least you have a reason and a plan, and that's a good place to be. There's something specific to work on and deal with. I'll be thinking about you and I'm always here is you need a listening ear.

I Believe in Miracles said...

I'm sorry! At least you KNOW now and can move onto the next thing. We still don't really "know" what's wrong with us... the worst is when you find out something and can't fix it.
~~HUGS~~