Tuesday, December 30, 2008

DH says I'm a mom

The other night M and I were talking about the surgery and all that lies ahead next year. I told him God is helping me to trust Him, and I do trust God whatever the outcome. Even if that means no biological children for us, as hard as that would be. And God does not promise us children -- I am not entitled to have Him answer my prayer with a pregnancy.

M's response to this: "Yeah...but God made you a mom. You're already a mom and we don't have any kids. You'll be a mom."

Of course, tears followed. He has such calm, such confidence. I don't think he has insider info from God or anything, but he sees the way God created me and trusts that God will bless us with children.

I don't think I'm particularly "motherly" towards people. I am caring and nurturing but not more than a lot of women. Many small children do seem rather drawn to me which is always so fun and flattering. Our nephew (now 7) adored me as a toddler/ preschooler. :)

I think what M sees in me that is mom-like is the deep, deep desire I have to be a mom. It is probably what all of you have as well! I remember being in high school, dreaming of college and beyond...and beyond for me was to be a stay-at-home mom. I love the idea of taking care of all the little things for the kids, running errands, helping in the classroom, making dinner, reading books together, and welcoming dad when he gets home. (The only part I don't look forward to is the cleaning, but I already do a lot of that anyway...). Even now I enjoy my job but it feels temporary until I can fulfill my true career path of stay-at-home mom. I do feel like I was created to be a mom.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

This is so sweet! My DH says the same type of stuff. Don't you just love it? :)

oLiVe said...

He sounds like a lovely bloke, your very lucky. I also cant wait for my 'job' to involve, changing nappies, walking to school etc. Even doing the weeking food shop seems intresting lol. I hope you get your wish sooner then you think. {{{hugs}}}

Marie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.