Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

As we head out of town to be with our families, I want to wish all of you a happy Thanksgiving. I hope you enjoy the time with family and friends, the yummy food, the time off from work...and most importantly a time to reflect on all that you have to be thankful for. I hope there is much to be thankful for in your life, despite IF.

Today on the nest somebody asked if IF has caused them to stop going to church/ lose their faith, which led me to reflect on what I am most thankful for: I think this struggle has been strengthening my faith. Wow. I have had a relatively easy life until this point, and have read so much in the Bible about how suffering can produce all sorts of good, faith related things. And I'm starting to experience it, and it is good. Not the suffering itself, mind you, but the results of it.

With my new IF glasses on, I see the world through these painful lenses. I read the Bible, love my husband, hear a sermon, talk with a friend, go to work, etc. in a new way. And with these lenses, the things that don't matter are stripped away and I am left seeing God. The salvation he has given me and his glory stand alone. It is what matters most -- much more than my desire for a baby -- and I am thankful he has given me new eyes to see this.

5 comments:

Betty Rubble said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have an enjoyable holiday!!!

Jendeis said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Here from Mel's Lost & Found. Looking forward to reading more of your IF journey.

Tanner's said...

I have just started reading your journey- I am glad you were able to find us and I look forward to reading more, I am encouraged by your faith and words! Thanks for writing it!!!

Sew Infertile said...

Hey! Not sure how I got here...I too struggle with infertility. I came across Creighton that is a way of charting mucus symbols that can diagnose infertility. It will especially concentrate on your chronic spotting. Only about 1-5% of the IF couples need assited reproduction. This is a more natural way of working with your body naturally to conceive. It is less invasive, less expensive, and more in line with God. Since He is the giver of life. ;)

I have been IF for 3 years and within one month of discovering creighton I was diagnosed and had lap surgery to remove Stage IV endo. (Dr.'s told me we had unexplained infertility, there is no such thing as unexplained infertility.) I don't think God leaves us in the dark like that.

Anyway, Just wanted to let you know, email me if you would like more inforamtion. :) God be with you!

April said...

what a great way to look at things! I look forward to hearing more about this. It's an inspiration!

xx